Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Matching Boo-boos

"Mommy, we have matching boo-boos," said Tommy on our way to his school/daycare today. What a sweetheart. I had barely taken the time to notice the scratch on my hand (don't even know how it got there). But he saw it and asked over and over if it hurt and if I was okay. Then he showed me his scratch and told me we matched.

How do kids even see this stuff? I'm sick as a dog, worried about missing work, and about Squirt on her way. I don't have time to notice a matching boo-boo. Or maybe I do, but there's just too much other stuff going on.

Either way, it's nice to know that someone cares. I've got to say, he is the sweetest boy ever. I have never seen a kid so concerned about other people. I hope he stays that way.

1 comment:

tall penguin said...

Children notice just about everything. Even the stuff we hope they don't. Your monkey sounds delightful. Pleased to meet him through your blog.